US Citizenship and Immigration services (USCIS) offers a streamlined method allowing multinationals to transfer their key executive and managerial employees from anywhere in the world to the United States. CanAm Immigration and/or NewYork Immigration Law Group can help you seek recognition as a multinational company in the US, which yields the advantages listed below.
Advantages of having an approved Blanket petition:
- The Immigration Officer evaluating the entry in the US of your employee will immediately see in your documentation that you have been approved as a US multinational for immigration purposes. Your employees will be questioned only concerning their job description in the US and their personal admissibility (example: if they have a criminal record);
- Transferred employees can work for any of your companies or subsidiaries in the US without the need of filing a new petition every time they are transferred to another division and/or company in the US;
- Qualifying employees can be transferred to the U.S. from any company you own anywhere in the world;
- An 80% reduction in paperwork translates into substantial savings in the time and effort required to process the petitions;
- The pre qualification of your company translates into greatly accelerated approval times;
- Reduced filing expenses;
- Foreign employees may apply directly at the US Consulate in their home country;
- Blankets can be easily amended to add new companies and subsidiaries as you acquire them;
- Duration of your approved Blanket: First petition will be approved for three (3) years with no need to submit any additional documentation to US Immigration (USCIS). Before the expiration date of three (3) years, a new petition will need to be submitted which will then be approved indefinitely.
- Advantages for key employees being transferred
- Your key employees are secure in the knowledge that they will not have to compete with Americans to keep their position. They will be more willing to move to the US with their families and be able to commit to your company for the long term. Their spouses will be able to legally work and contribute to the family’s household income, knowing their entire family (children under 21) will benefit by receiving a US Permanent Residency (Green Card).
- Permanent residency – “First Preference” Green Card – transferees (managerial & executive employees) and their dependents are considered first preference during the Green Card application. This means that since they are considered to be essential to the success of the US company, the company doesn’t have to go through the usual labor certification process and demonstrate that Americans are not available to fill the position.
- Spouses of key employees can obtain US work authorization so they can legally work in the US, and obtain a US social security number including all associated benefits. Children also may attend school without having to pay the international fees.
Admissible Company transferees:
The followings are admissible to obtain US work visas and US Permanent Residencies (Green Card):
- Owners: Sole owner or shareholder serving as executive capacity;
- Executives of the company: President, CEO, CFO, COO and Vice Presidents;
- Managerial staff: General Managers, Sales Managers, Production Managers, Quality Managers, and also Middle Management;
US Citizenship and Immigration services (USCIS) offers a streamlined method allowing multinationals to transfer their key executive and managerial employees from anywhere in the world to the United States.
Admissibility requirements for the Foreign Company transferring its employees in the US:
- Company qualifies for a Blanket designation: Combined sales of at least US $25 million;
or – U.S. workforce of at least 1,000 employees;
or – At least 10 approved US Expansion visas in the last 12 months.
- Company must have at least three or more domestic and foreign branches that are engaged in commercial trade or services;
- The Foreign company must have been operating in their own country for at least one (1) year and must remain in operation at all times;
Our Welcoming Team
Landing in a new country can sometimes be stressful and demanding. At CanAm, we fully understand the challenges you might have to face once in the US or Canada and we are able to assist you and your family every step of the way. Our “Welcoming Team” is specially trained to facilitate everything for you, from housing requirements to school admissions in order to make your transition as seamless as possible.
Let us facilitate the integration of your family in their new homeland by assisting you and your family with all your personal needs, so you can feel at home in the United States or Canada.
For visa holders and their family, our staff can assist them in the following areas:
- Rent or buy a home anywhere in the target country
- Enrollment into Schools and Universities
- Insurance (healthcare, home and vehicles)
- Banking (credit cards and loans)
- Accounting (for preparation of their annual tax returns)
- Recommendations pertaining to what they must do when leaving their home country make the transition as seamless as possible
- Social security, Driver’s license
- Moving procedures